Library Policies and Procedures
All Library visitors and patrons are expected to abide by these standards of behavior. If you do not abide by these policies, you will be asked to leave the premises.
Conduct Not Allowed on Library Premises:
- Any activity prohibited by Texas Code or Law or City Ordinance including:
- Unsupervised Children
- Bomb Threats
- Harassment/Sexual Harassment of Customer and Staff
- Indecent Exposure
- Intoxication Resulting from Drugs and Alcohol
- Mistreatment and Vandalism of Library Facilities and Property
- Soliciting and Panhandling
- Theft of Library Property
- Viewing obscene or objectionable materials in violation of Texas Penal Code
- Bikes, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, etc. in the library or lobby
- Disruptive and disorderly behavior including excessive noise, running, use of audible device
- Entry into unauthorized (staff) areas.
- Unauthorized presence in the children’s area, only parent/caregiver and children allowed in these areas
- Food or Drink in the library
- Not Wearing Shirts, Pants and Shoes
- Refusal to leave when asked by Library Staff
Anyone who violates these standards of conduct could be subject to loss of library privileges and removal from the Library. Failing to leave the premises after requested to do so by Library staff or a law enforcement officer may result in criminal trespass charges under the Texas Penal code.
Please watch your possessions; the library is not responsible for lost items. Unattended belongings may be sent to the police station for security reasons.
Check Out Limits
- 2 items for your first check out
- 30 items after first items are returned
- All items except DVD, Music CDs and Magazines are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Items can be renewed twice (if no other patron is waiting and fines are $5 or less.
- DVDs, Music CDs and Magazines can be checked out for ONLY two weeks.
- Night Returns are located on the north wall of the building. Please return items in the appropriate slot.
- Items can be returned to any county branch library.
Fines Per Day: 25 cents
Fee per Replacement Card: $3
Your Patron ID:
- Your Username/ID number is under the barcode on your library card.
- Your Pin/Password is the last 4 digits of your ID number.
Restrictions to Renewals & Holds
- Limitations are on your card when fines are over $5.00. You will be unable to check out items, reserve computers, renew items, etc. until fines are below $5 again.
To Renew items click here.
- Log in to your account at the top right corner of the page.
- Click view loans and click renew loan on the appropriate item.
To Put Items on Hold:
- Click Catalog
- Log in to account at the top right corner of the page.
- Search for desired item.
- Click Place Hold
- Select Submit Hold from pop-up box.
- A green bar will appear across the top of the screen: Hold(s) Placed Successfully.
Skateboard, Bike, Scooter Lock:
Stressed about leaving your bike, skateboard, or scooter outside, no problem! Locks are now available for use at the Marble Falls Public Library. This brand new service allows patrons to safely secure their mode of transportation while using our library. Our bike rack and skateboard dock are located at the left front corner of the library.
Please read the following guidelines for further information on lock use:
- Bike locks and padlocks are available for check out at the circulation desk for the full length of your visit.
- Patrons must present a valid library card or photo id/student id to use locks.
- Locks/keys must be returned to the circulation desk 15 minutes before closing time.
- Please do not return locks/keys in the outside drop box.