Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a library card?
- Your first Burnet County library card is free. There is a $5 charge for replacements.
What is my Pin number?
- Your pin number is the last four digits on your library card (below the barcode).
How long are my items checked out?
- All items are checked out for two weeks (14 days).
Renew Here or
- Renew in person: Simply go to the circulation desk and ask for a renewal.
- Renew over the phone: Call the library with your card number and ask to extend an item.
How many items can I have at one time?
- 30 items can be checked out per library card.
- For new cardholders, 2 items can be checked out for the first time. Once those items are returned than you can have 30 items checked out.
How much are fines per day?
- Fines are 25 cents per item. Fines are not added on weekends.
Where can I turn in items when the library is closed?
- You can return items to our night drop box on the north side of the library. Put the appropriate items in the slots. You can also return any items to the other library locations such as Bertram Free Library or Herman Brown Free Library.
How do I request for the library to purchase a certain item?
- You can fill out a request item form at the library’s circulation desk.
- Or email the librarian here to request an item.
- We can’t guarantee your request will be purchased.
- Check the catalog to see if your request was fulfilled.
- Include Title and Author if applicable.
Where do I go for help with your online services?
- You can find video tutorials for our online services on the eServices page of our website. One-on-One appointments can be made with a staff member for additional support.
How can I use your wifi?
- Bring your library card or photo ID to the circulation desk to obtain a daily wifi code.
How do I use a computer?
- Computer reservations can be made with your library card at our self-check stations. You can make reservations with your photo ID at the circulation desk. Patrons can have up to two 90 minute sessions a day. Printing is available at all stations: 10¢ a page for black/white and 50¢ a page for color.
Will my information be saved on your computers?
- All activity is wiped from our computers at the end of each session including browsing history and documents. Files cannot be retrieved after a computer has restarted so save a copy of your important files to a flash drive or email.
Where can I leave my bike or skateboard when I am using the library?
- The library offers a bike rack and skateboard dock on the left side of our building. Locks are available for check out at the circulation desk with your library card or photo/student id.