All Library visitors and patrons are expected to abide by these standards of behavior. If you do not abide by these policies, you will be asked to leave the premises.
Conduct Not Allowed on Library Premises:
- Any activity prohibited by Texas Code or Law or City Ordinance including:
- Unsupervised Children
- Bomb Threats
- Harassment/Sexual Harassment of Customer and Staff
- Indecent Exposure
- Intoxication Resulting from Drugs and Alcohol
- Mistreatment and Vandalism of Library Facilities and Property
- Soliciting and Panhandling
- Theft of Library Property
- Viewing obscene or objectionable materials in violation of Texas Penal Code
- Bikes, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, etc. in the library or lobby
- Disruptive and disorderly behavior including excessive noise, running, use of audible device
- Entry into unauthorized (staff) areas.
- Unauthorized presence in the children’s area, only parent/caregiver and children allowed in these areas
- Food or Drink in the library
- Not Wearing Shirts, Pants and Shoes
- Refusal to leave when asked by Library Staff
Anyone who violates these standards of conduct could be subject to loss of library privileges and removal from the Library. Failing to leave the premises after requested to do so by Library staff or a law enforcement officer may result in criminal trespass charges under the Texas Penal code.
Please watch your possessions; the library is not responsible for lost items. Unattended belongings may be sent to the police station for security reasons.